This ad is expired.
Adjunct Professor - Digital Gaming & Interactive Media
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Adjunct
Job Number: 2155564
Location: Kirkland, WA
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Located just outside of Seattle, WA, Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) was founded in 1949, and is the only public institute of technology in the state of Washington. LWTech offers 10 applied bachelor's degrees, more than 40 associate degrees, and 80 professional certificates in 41 areas of study, including STEM-focused programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. LWTech is located within the city of Kirkland, which is home to companies such as GoDaddy, Google, Astronics and EvergreenHealth, and the college is within minutes from Microsoft and Nintendo. LWTech was recognized by the Aspen Institute as one of the top 150 two-year colleges in the nation in 2018 and is proud to be a Military Friendly School.
LWTech is committed to increasing its cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion among its staff and faculty. We serve a student population of 6,500 that come from a variety of backgrounds. We strongly value diversity and are working to improve access and successful educational outcomes for all students. We are actively seeking applicants that will help to balance our employee workforce to align with our students and community. Questions regarding the College's commitment to diversity and our campus culture may be directed to Human Resources. Equity, Diversity, Inclusion Council.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is seeking qualified part time instructors to teach in the Digital Gaming and Interactive Media AAS-T associates degree program. All instructor positions require two years work experience- relevant industry experience, college teaching experience and industry certifications are preferred. Experience in three or more of the following areas:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Soundbooth)
- Autodesk Maya or 3D Max
- Unity or Unreal Game Engines
- Substance Designer
- Traditional fine art, life drawing, painting
- Game Design- board and card games as well as electronic media.
- Technical Rigging and Animation
- Knowledge of PC & Mac Gaming Hardware and Software
- Plan and develop a variety of instruction objectives and experiences appropriate to the program goals
- Identify individual learning needs of students and make appropriate adjustments
- Develop and teach to the objectives of the approved curriculum
- Develop and teach lessons which foster and support cultural diversity and non-discrimination
- Teach productive and constructive study skills to students
- Develop classroom and lab procedures in conformance with identified policies and procedures
- Maintain appropriate records which indicate student progress and meet college requirements
- Follow disciplinary procedures as prescribed and deal consistently and fairly with all students
- Design learning experiences for the unique characteristics of individual adult students through classes, individual instruction and self-directed learning
- Post the class syllabus and students' grades via the online course system (currently Canvas)
- Bachelors degree or relevant industry experience required; Masters preferred
- 2 years related work experience
- College teaching experience preferred
- Prior e-learning and learning management system (LMS) experience desirable
- Industry certifications preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse populations
- Due to the diversity of the college population, we encourage applicants who are multilingual
- Previous experience with an online course system (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Sakai, Moodle) preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mobility: ability to sit, walk or stand for extended periods
- Dexterity: fine manipulation sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, handle individual papers, write and take notes and/or prepare materials/equipment
- Lifting: occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 10 pounds
- Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close up work; ability to adjust focus frequently
- Hearing/Talking: ability to hear normal speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person
- Emotional/Psychological Factors: ability to make decisions and concentrate, frequent contact with students and instructors, as well as the public
- Busy, open area office setting; may be faced with constant interruptions
- Moderate use of equipment with moving/and or sharp parts
- Exposure to weather; corridors between buildings are outdoors
- Noise and chatter in classroom/office environment
- Online application
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process Official transcripts/certifications (if any) will be required upon employment
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or documentation of eligibility for a reasonable accommodation under a religious or medical exemption
- Official transcripts/certifications will be required upon employment
- Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon the offer of employment
- Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background/reference checks
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal Authorization to work.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. Questions regarding the College's Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Meena Park, Executive Director of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Office/Title IX Coordinator, (425) 739-8212.
Jeanne Clery Statement: Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report:
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of the College's commitment to safety and security on campus, Lake Washington Institute of Technology(LWTech) reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. LWTech's Annual Safety Report (ASR) is available online at www.lwtech.edu/about/campus-safety/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the LWTech Safety Department located in the East Building at 11605 132nd Avenue NE Kirkland, WA 98034.Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants must declare whether they are the subject of any substantiated findings of sexual misconduct in any current or former employment or is currently being investigated for, or have left a position during an investigation into, a violation of any sexual misconduct policy at the applicant's current or past employers. By law, post-secondary education institutions cannot hire an applicant who does not complete this form.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lwtc/jobs/2155564/adjunct-professor-digital-gaming-interactive-media
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency