This ad is expired.
Adjunct Professor - Digital Gaming and Interactive Media
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Kirkland, Washington
Summary of Responsibilities:
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is seeking qualified part time instructors to teach in the Digital Gaming and Interactive Media AAS-T associates degree program. All instructor positions require two years work experience- relevant industry experience, college teaching experience and industry certifications are preferred. Experience in three or more of the following areas:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Soundbooth)
- Autodesk Maya or 3D Max
- Unity or Unreal Game Engines
- Substance Designer
- Traditional fine art, life drawing, painting
- Game Design- board and card games as well as electronic media.
- Technical Rigging and Animation
- Knowledge of PC & Mac Gaming Hardware and Software
View more information on the program:
- Plan and develop a variety of instruction objectives and experiences appropriate to the program goals
- Identify individual learning needs of students and make appropriate adjustments
- Develop and teach to the objectives of the approved curriculum
- Develop and teach lessons which foster and support cultural diversity and non-discrimination
- Teach productive and constructive study skills to students
- Develop classroom and lab procedures in conformance with identified policies and procedures
- Maintain appropriate records which indicate student progress and meet college requirements
- Follow disciplinary procedures as prescribed and deal consistently and fairly with all students
- Design learning experiences for the unique characteristics of individual adult students through classes, individual instruction and self-directed learning
- Post the class syllabus and students' grades via the online course system (currently Canvas)
- Bachelors degree or relevant industry experience required; Masters preferred
- 2 years related work experience
- College teaching experience preferred
- Prior e-learning and learning management system (LMS) experience desirable
- Industry certifications preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse populations
- Due to the diversity of the college population, we encourage applicants who are multilingual
- Previous experience with an online course system (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Sakai, Moodle) preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mobility: ability to sit, walk or stand for extended periods
- Dexterity: fine manipulation sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, handle individual papers, write and take notes and/or prepare materials/equipment
- Lifting: occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 10 pounds
- Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close up work; ability to adjust focus frequently
- Hearing/Talking: ability to hear normal speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person
- Emotional/Psychological Factors: ability to make decisions and concentrate, frequent contact with students and instructors, as well as the public
- Busy, open area office setting; may be faced with constant interruptions Moderate use of equipment with moving/and or sharp parts
- Exposure to weather; corridors between buildings are outdoors
- Noise and chatter in classroom/office environment
- Online application
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process Official transcripts/certifications (if any) will be required upon employment
- Job offer is contingent upon successful completion of reference/background check and criminal history investigation.
- If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minority groups, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in is programs and activities. Questions regarding the College's Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Meena Park, Executive Director of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator (425) 739-8212.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
To apply, visit https://agency.governmentjobs.com/lwtc/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=2155564
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency