Responsibilities include coordination of the daily operations of the department. Specific accountabilities include: greet visitors and ensure reception area creates a welcoming environment; ensure efficient execution of administrative procedures and processes central to the department; respond in a timely manner to requests for information and refer to other resources as appropriate; manage calendars, itineraries, contacts and correspondence of department; coordinate with vendors and service providers; assist with onboarding new employees; and maintain adequate office supplies and other material required for the operation of the department, which may include researching services and pricing, processing quotes, creating PO's and requisitions and submitting for timely payment.
Maintain department records, research information, analyze data, prepare reports, edit and format documents and presentations, and produce standard reports.
Responsible for departmental communication to include: website maintenance, newsletters, posters, invitations, etc.
Responsible for all aspects of planning and execution of department events and functions, including travel arrangements.
Monitor departmental budgets and report on status, variances, and potential issues.
Responsible for building and/or room scheduling and service requests, as required.
Coordinate work and/or schedules of student or casual wage employees, as assigned, including processing web time entry.
May be responsible for the timely and efficient execution of special projects, additional activities, committees and other work unique to the department, division or function, as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of relevant office and/or other relevant professional experience.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable skills have been attained.
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities is crucial, as well as the capacity to work with a sense of urgency as required.
- Strong customer service experience and the ability to professionally greet visitors, serve as a resource and coordinate requests with multiple stakeholders including students, faculty, Colgate staff, donors, alumni, board members, artists, and scholars is critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, etc. as well as the ability to cull and consolidate data for reports.
- Interest in the use and application of upcoming technology, new software, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high regard for detail are required.
- Capable of working independently, and as part of a team.
- Capable, and interested in project work related to marketing, social media, website and Museum calendar development and maintenance.
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality when working with sensitive documents and information.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency