Art Instructor - Media Arts and Graphic Design
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02671
Posting Date: 12/21/2018
Initial Screening Date: 03/14/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Position Type: Contract Academic
Work Week: This is a ten-month (175-day) faculty position
Minimum Salary: $68,871.28 annually
Maximum Salary: $127,686.62 annually ($90,367.30 maximum entry level)
Medical, dental and employee assistance plans are offered for the employee and dependents. The District also provides life insurance plans for the employee, as well as an 8.25% contribution to the State Teachers Retirement plan. Additional types of insurance may be purchased with pre-tax dollars through an IRS 125 flexible benefit program.
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date.
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
This is a Full-time, tenure-track, 175 day position.Seeking dedicated, experienced, and motivated individuals to provide leadership, engagement, and discipline expertise in continuing to move the program forward in innovative ways. As a full time faculty member, successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to student success through teaching and learning excellence.
The successful applicant for Media Arts and Graphic Design will be expected to develop and provide instruction in media arts and graphic design, including but not limited to video editing, motion graphics, animation, digital imagery, digital photography, and graphic design. Curriculum development in media arts will be required in this position. Experience with non-linear digital video editing and motion graphics is highly desirable.
The assignment may include art appreciation (Art Studio Fundamentals) courses. The assignment may also include teaching at other campus sites, day, evening, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning, and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation of programs; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; co-directing art gallery; using computer and multimedia technologies; assessing student learning and program level outcomes; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
Masters in fine arts, art, or art history; OR
- Bachelors in fine arts, art, or art history AND Masters in humanities;OR
- Possession of a valid credential which authorizes full-time teaching of Art at the California Community College level;
OR The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
(NOTE: Masters in fine arts as used here refers to any Masters degree in the subject matter of fine arts, which is defined to include visual studio arts such as drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, textiles, and metal and jewelry art; and also art education and art therapy. It does not refer to the Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree when that degree is based on specialization in performing arts or dance, film, video, photography, creative writing, or other non-plastic arts.)
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning, and service to a diverse student population
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals.
- Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via different modalities
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain subject matter currency.
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to adopt new technologies that support student success.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the California Community College Mission.
- Ability to provide leadership in program and college initiatives.
- Ability and willingness to participate effectively in college committee work and in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities that support students and the college.
Salary Grade: Initial placement for all new faculty hires shall be Step 1, Class will range from 2-5 depending on earned degree.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on February 20, 2019 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Application for Employment form
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
Statement of personal philosophy of teaching
Copies of legible transcripts
List of six (6) professional references, of which two (2) must be from recent supervisors Listed on application form
Copy of sample syllabi
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
Application Screening: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/11096. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency