This ad is expired.
Assistant Professor Graphic Design
School of Art
Contributes to the university's mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
Masters Degree in Graphic Design or related field (such as Visual Communications, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Human-Centered Design, Interface Media). A record of professional research that demonstrates emerging or established national recognition in the field of hire is paramount. The candidate will continue professional research relevant to graphic design with a vision towards future advancements related to a curriculum that addresses students needs as they enter the professional field. The school seeks a forward-thinking individual capable of fostering positive relationships and inspiring students.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of graphic design practice, theory, and history that includes a variety of perspectives
- Embrace and develop new forms of critical advancements and practices in the field of graphic design.
- Practice and teach graphic design from a strong concept-driven perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach graphic design and digital media.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Web Technology, UI/UX, and Motion Graphics
- Interest in working in collaboration with area faculty as it relates to graduate program development
- Skills in interpersonal relationships, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Demonstrate knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation techniques
- Ability to evaluate student work effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate the importance of citizenship, advocacy, and social responsibility related to teaching and professional research.
- Maintain an active and recognized professional practice of client-initiated, self-initiated, and/or academic research.
- Actively participate in departmental, college, and university service, including committee work and academic support services to the area such as implementing and assessing program outcomes, participating in program reviews, student advising, and recruitment activities, as well as maintaining the program's NASAD accreditation, and building interdisciplinary collaborations.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidates intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity
Superior analog and digital skills related to graphic design with experience designing for print, interactive, and emerging media. Professional or research-related experience and interest in citizenship and community engagement in and outside of the classroom. Ability to form partnerships within and outside of the university (regionally, nationally, and internationally). Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion. Previous college-level teaching experience is strongly desired.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university does not discriminate on the basis of an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. Texas Tech welcomes consideration of dual career and professional couple accommodations.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency