Audience Experience Manager
This position manages the experiences of patrons before, during, and after the performance through social media community management, audience development initiatives, and interacting with over 27,500 patrons annually at our shows and through our box office. The Audience Experience Manager partners with the Lead House Manager(s) to offer front-line engagement with patrons, train part-time student employees, and oversee the safety and security of all guests.
Please note: Some evening hours required for events.
- Box Office Supervision - Supervise Lead House Manager(s) and assist them along with the Box Office Manager in the hiring, training, and scheduling of part-time student front of house staff. Assist the Marketing Manager in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies in the box office. This position is primarily in Evanston, but may work on either the Evanston or Chicago campus as departmental needs determine.
- Operations - Responsible for emergency preparedness and safety maintenance including first aid and CPR training, evacuation plans for performance venues and emergency response training. Assist other Wirtz staff to manage internal and external rental events that require Front of House staff and support
- House Management - Collaborate on programs, inserts, building and performance signage needs. Coordinate and maintain front of house technology such as radios, flashlights, scanners, hearing devices, and POS systems. Collaborate with production teams and marketing to organize post-show discussions and production lobby displays
- Concessions sales – oversee pricing, purchasing, inventory and sales for concessions
- Audience Development - Proactively identify, establish, and execute relationships with new and existing partners - creating recurrent collaborations that drive new audience acquisition and community partners
- Social media – Assist Marketing Manager to develop, manage, and execute content strategies for our social media platforms
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of House Management or Audience Services experience, ideally in a supervisory capacity
- A four year college degree, preferably in theatre, theatre management or a related field.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Must have excellent organizational and customer service skills. Should be comfortable working with student staff as well as adult professionals.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Some knowledge of TheaterMania/OvationTix system very helpful but not required Looking for pro-active, multi-tasking individual who can delegate and pick up things quickly.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency