College of Nursing Dean
Openings: 1 PeopleSoft ID: 9858 Formal review of applications begins: May 25, 2018
Department: College of Nursing Location: Health Education Center
Directly accountable for College of Nursing operations which includes the following - an AS in nursing, RN to BSN completion program, and Advanced Technical Certificates. Provides leadership for faculty and staff in the implementation of student/academic programs and supervision of support services.
Typical Essential Duties
Uses strong administrative, management, and problem-solving skills to position the CON to remain a leader in nursing education in the central, west coast region of Florida for the AS program and nationally for the RN to BSN;
Promotes a student centered culturally diverse and adult learning environment which emphasizes learning and teaching;
Committed to recruiting a diverse student population;
Provides innovative leadership in the development and growth of the programs within the College of Nursing;
Displays a strong commitment to associate degree nursing education that is seamlessly articulated into the baccalaureate nursing degree;
Monitors and analyzes student attrition and retention data and collaborates with other campus areas and leaders to develop initiatives that can be implemented to maintain strong retention and success;
Provides leadership in online course delivery and use of technology in education nurses;
Recruits full time and adjunct faculty, nursing experts and staff. Recommends candidates for faculty appointment, retention, and promotion, using valid assessment measures;
Fosters a climate of academic excellence and collegiality among faculty, staff and students;
Provides leadership to secure and maintain accreditation by appropriate state, regional and national educational and nursing entities;
Coordinates faculty for the review and development of general administrative procedures impacting the CON (budget, student registration, schedules, evaluation catalog, essential data bases, etc.);
Establishes collaboration with key members of the nursing community and advisory committee to develop projects, recruit students, and maintain an exchange of expertise between the health care community and the CON;
Maintains an active presence within the local, state and National nursing organizations to maintain communication. monitor needs, and determine partnerships;
Remains informed of new issues, challenges, and trends with in nursing and nursing education and translate those to faculty, staff and administration;
Builds consensus and fosters cooperation among CON faculty across nursing programs;
Facilitates active programs of professional development of faculty/staff;
Advises SVP of Instruction & Academic Programs and the Provost of the Health Education Center on matters of educational policy and student issues relating to and impacting the CON;
Utilizes personnel, facilities and fiscal resources demonstrating fiduciary accountability.
This is the fifth of six levels in the Academic Management series. The classification is responsible for directing the activities of multiple programs or College-wide functions. Incumbents will be responsible for developing the strategic direction of assigned areas, interpreting the broadly defined goals, developing and managing a budget, and providing managerial direction to employees.
Doctorate Degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least one graduate degree in nursing from an institution with national accreditation in nursing (CCNE or ACEN).
Applicants will possess a distinguished record of excellence in teaching nursing; a minimum of five (5) years of related administrative experience is required. Clinical experience in Nursing. Demonstrated success in the development of community relationships; and demonstrated knowledge of and participation in national/state accreditation processes. Further, applicants have experience in implementing education mobility options for registered nurses; experience in planning and budgeting; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; a proven record of professional involvement is mandatory. Delivery of academic programs through distance education using adult learning principles is highly preferred.
*An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
Advanced principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility;
Higher education institutional operations, structures, policies, and practices;
Strategic planning principles;
Public relations principles and practices;
Community agencies and resources;
Financial management principles;
Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
Policy and procedure development practices;
Computers and related software applications.
Prioritizing and assigning work;
Preparing and analyzing a variety of reports;
Making program decisions based on financial considerations;
Adapting to rapidly changing environments;
Conducting research, evaluating findings, and making recommendations based on findings;
Evaluating statistical data, ensuring data sufficiency;
Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of goals;
Implementing public relations initiatives;
Developing long-term strategic plans;
Mediating conflict and resolving issues for employees and students;
Collaborating with internal departments and external agencies;
Using a computer and related software applications;
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
1. Directs staff (administrative specialists, adjuncts, and faculty) to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations. Daily 20%
2. Prepares and administers budgets; prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations; submits justifications for budget items; monitors and controls expenditures; identifies and pursues alternative funding sources; allocates funds across academic functions. Daily 10%
3. Directs the implementation of activities and operations for multiple academic departments or programs, which includes: designing, developing, administering, and evaluating programs, projects, student retention, strategic planning, processes, policies, procedures, systems, standards, and/or service offerings. Daily 20%
4. Guides curricular directions and reform; develops academic assessment strategies; ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards; ensures alignment with the overall mission and goals of the College. Daily 10%
5. Coordinates activities between multiple service areas and works to integrate and coordinate service areas. Daily 10%
6. Serves as a liaison between assigned academic departments or programs, external agencies, and the College, which includes students, staff, faculty, and administration; represents the department, College, and/or program at a variety of meetings, public events, training sessions, on committees, and/or other related events; establishes and maintains positive collaborative relationships with community groups and establishments. Daily 10%
7. Directs and participates in the preparation, review, interpretation, and analysis of various complex and multi-faceted information, data, forms, schedules, calendars, surveys, and reports; makes recommendations based on findings. Daily 20%
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level. As Required
To apply, click here: https://web.spcollege.edu/hrapp/jobs/G
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency