Graphic Design and Web Design - Tenure Track
Posting Number: 02262
Department: Arts & Learning Resources
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Everett Community College has an opening for a tenure-track Graphic Design and Web Design instructor beginning Fall Quarter 2020.
This position reports to the Dean of Arts and Learning Resources and provides instruction in a variety of coursework which lead to certificates and/or an Associate of Technical Arts degree in Graphic Design and Web Design. As the one full-time faculty member in this area within the Visual arts department, this is a unique opportunity to lead a
Primarily responsibilities include:
- teach courses as specified in the faculty contract using a variety of methodologies and
modes of learning including use of the Canvas learning management system to provide
online course content and interaction/communication with students
- develop and coordinate curriculum to improve student success and retention and to
meet the changing educational needs of students
- maintain regularly scheduled office hours for the purpose of assisting, advising, and
mentoring students enrolled in program courses
- collaborate with a program advisory committee which consists of working professionals
in the field of graphic/web design
- collaborate with faculty and staff on department, division and campus-wide projects
- participate in all other tasks related to instruction in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and College policies.
Everett Community College's vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold diversity, equity, cultural competence and inclusion. Hiring and retaining a diverse workforce is a commitment for our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or
ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
- BFA in Graphic Design or closely related field.
- Three years of recent professional industry experience as a graphic designer
- Two years of teaching experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in interactive design, UX and/or UI design.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated experience and/or strategies for effectively instructing students across
the range of diversity to include: culture, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability,
class, and religion
- A philosophy of education reflective of the community college mission
- MFA in Graphic Design or closely related field
- Community college teaching experience
- Knowledge and experience teaching typography, visual design, and conceptual
- Experience with curriculum development and student assessment
- Demonstrated and/or documented contributions to department projects and initiatives
- Everett Community College is committed to increasing cultural diversity among its staff.
Applicants with multicultural experience and/or backgrounds, which will add cultural
richness and diversity to Everett Community College, are encouraged to apply.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and
provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
Ability to operate office equipment
Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Work Hours: Teaching load may include morning, afternoon, and evening sections.
Posting Date: 12/11/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For first consideration please apply by January 6, 2020.
The cover letter should address each of the required and preferred qualifications.
Applicants may provide the URL to their website as the work sample.
Everett Community College is committed to the professional growth and development of all new faculty. New faculty have the opportunity to participate in a New Faculty Academy, designed to purposefully welcome new faculty and provide on-going support throughout the first year at the College.
Notice to Applicants
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drugfree campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCCs policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed
copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources
Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and
community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If
you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security
Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $63,389 - $66,558 Sept - June
To apply, visit https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/4847
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency