Graphic Designer, Senior
Location: University Development
Job ID: 606522
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We-faculty, staff, and administrators-thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
This position allows the incumbent to complete their work at a location other than an NAU site, campus, or facility with or without accommodation. The incumbent may occassionally work in a shared site, but primarily will work elsewhere. Incumbent must be a resident of the state of Arizona to be eligible for remote work.
The graphic designer, senior position creates high-quality visual communication designs to support Advancement and Foundation initiatives and objectives. The work will support all areas of the division to produce collateral delivered to NAU alumni, donors, friends, parents, faculty/staff, students, and community members. The position designs solutions that will be delivered through a variety of channels, including but not limited to print collateral, earned and paid media, as well as owned media. The graphic designer reports to the Director of Advancement Communications and maintains and develops visual themes and identities in compliance with university brand standards and ensures all visual communications are consistently on-brand.
Graphic and media production - 70%
- Creates graphic design elements, including but not limited to graphics, animation, and illustration to build NAU's culture of philanthropy through proposals, impact reports, solicitations, stewardship, event invitations, e-newsletters, etc.
- Contributes to campaign strategy through the design of complementary materials that can be delivered on a variety of channels to a variety of audiences including to various audiences including alumni, donors, friends, parents, faculty/staff, students, and community members.
- Recognizes new design opportunities and creates new design solutions that support the division's brand building efforts, initiatives, and objectives.
- Holds a high-level understanding and knowledge of the university brand's visual communication strategies.
- Plays an essential role to ensure the quality of design that represents the university.
- Identifies problems and potential improvements associated with marketing and communications material creation and proposes recommendations for improvements to ensure effectiveness of branding and marketing communications through visual designs.
- Manage accessibility standards across all collateral.
Communication - 20%
- Fosters and maintains effective, professional working relationships with division partners, campus, and community stakeholders.
- Participates in campaign and project kick-off meetings and contributes innovative ideas.
- Engages in a highly involved review and approval process.
Project management - 10%
- Provides and communicate accurate and timely documentation of project status.
- Maintains detailed records of project progress and document processes and techniques used.
Research - 10%
- Advises, trains, and informs the division's design direction and principles based on best practices
- Researches new and innovative design principles related to non-profit and higher education work.
- Stays up to date on current tools and practices through research and professional development.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communications, or related field; AND
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; Or,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience in graphic design for non-profit and/or higher education.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in graphic design for marketing and communications in a non-profit or higher education environment.
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design tools and processes for various media, including relevant digital media applications.
- Advanced knowledge of university policies related to the university's visual identity.
- Knowledge of routine marketing tools, processes, and concepts.
- Proficiency in graphic design skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and other relevant software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in using digital asset management system.
- Skill in preparing reports and summaries.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Delivers advanced presentation and design pitches.
- Learns and applies new techniques to work assignments.
- Organizes and coordinates work within schedule constraints and handles emergent requirements in a timely manner.
- Pays close attention to detail in work productivity while remaining flexible for big-picture/systems thinking.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Works in a dynamic, collaborative and deadline-driven environment.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $47,634. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Open until further notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606522&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency