This ad is expired.
Instructor, Maternity Nursing & Medical/Surgical
San Bernardino Community College District
This position is for the 2018/2019 academic year and will remain open until filled with the first review of applicants on August 24, 2018. Selected candidate will commence in Spring 2019.
Using a variety of methods, teach assigned courses consistent with the Nursing Department and college curriculum standards. Participate in activities related to Program Review, curriculum development, and serve on college committees. Maintain office hours to advise and assist students to reach their educational goals.
Examples of Duties
Using a variety of methods, teach assigned courses consistent with the Nursing Department and college curriculum standards for Medical Surgical nursing. Participate in activities related to Program Review, curriculum development, and serve on college committees. Maintain office hours to advise and assist students to reach their educational goals.
May vary depending on needs of department
Salary and Benefit Information
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary annual salary $59,992-$87,587 for 177 days of service, plus family medical, dental, and vision coverage and employee life insurance (employee contribution depends upon plan selected.) This position contributes to CalSTRS Retirement (employee contribution will depend on membership status).
***Please note prior to any offer of employment being extended to the selected candidate the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) Faculty approval process must be completed***
Posting Closing Date
Nov 21, 2018
Hours vary based upon Class Schedule
1. Master's Degree in Nursing
2. California Registered Nurse license (license (Please ensure your license is valid and attached as a supporting document)
3. One academic year of full time (or equivalent) experience teaching nursing courses in a Registered Nursing program. (Please ensure dates are listed within application and the courses taught within these periods)
4. Direct patient care experience in the speciality being hired to teach within the last five years. This can be met by:
a) One (1) year of experience as a Registered Nurse providing direct patient care. This experience must be one year continuous, full time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated area; or
b) One (1) academic year or registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency.
5. Experience that indicates sensitivity to, and an understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and personnel.
Potential candidates who believe that they possess qualifications equivalent to the minimum qualifications for a position and wish to request that a determination of equivalency be made in a specific discipline must complete a District Request for Equivalency form and provide supporting documentation as appropriate. The form can be found on our website at:
The District Request for Equivalency form and supporting documents must be submitted with the application material.
All interested parties must apply through the website and submit ALL of the following documents to be a considered qualified applicant:
1. Completed San Bernardino Community College District online Application.
2. A resume summarizing your educational and professional experience.
3. A cover letter explaining how your experience and background demonstrate that you meet the minimum requirements for the position stated in the posting.
4. Teaching Philosophy of your beliefs about teaching and learning. The statement or description should include examples of how you put your beliefs into practice by including concrete examples of what you do or anticipate doing in the classroom.
5. Unofficial Transcripts that show you meet the minimum educational requirement(s) for the position.
Applications that do not include all of these documents attached will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1159751&d=ExternalCareerSite#/
Posting Number: 350
To apply, visit: https://www.sbccdjobs.com/
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency