Non-Tenure Track Faculty-Graphic Design
College of Art and Design
CAD School of Design
Faculty Type (Tenure Status): Non-Tenure-Track Lecturer
Faculty Discipline: Graphic Design
Faculty Rank: Lecturer
Employment Category: Fulltime
Anticipated Start Date: 14-Aug-2024
Detailed Job Description
The School of Design in the College of Art and Design at the Rochester Institute of Technology invites applicants to apply for a Lecturer position to teach in the Graphic Design undergraduate program. The School of Design focuses on developing strong conceptual and formal visual communication skills. Expectations include teaching 4 classes a term that include undergraduate studio and lecture courses; participating in innovative teaching and curriculum development; rendering service to the school, college and university; career advising and mentoring undergraduate students; and participating in professional organizations important to the field of graphic design.
Faculty Position: Graphic Design
We are seeking candidates that are well-rounded designers who understand current and emerging trends in graphic design education and contemporary practice such as: Typography, Information Design, Experiential Design, Systems Design, Interactive Design, Web Design, Motion Design, Packaging Design, etc. Candidates should be qualified to teach throughout the curriculum and on all levels. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to provide leadership and vision in integrating emerging media applications into the Graphic Design curriculum.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student-centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. Select to view links to RIT's core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
THE SCHOOL: The internationally renowned School of Design (SOD) offers five undergraduate programs in 3D Digital Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, and New Media Design, as well as two graduate programs in Industrial Design and Visual Communication Design. SOD also includes the Vignelli Center for Design Studies, with its vast archive of relevant design artifacts and their process. SOD is a creative community where students discover their unique talents and expressive potential, all while developing the skills needed to fulfill any creative or technical role in the expansive fields of design. SOD has an enrollment of over 800 undergraduate and 100 graduate students. SOD alumni and faculty are nationally and internationally recognized, and include National Design Award recipients, design leaders at global companies and organizations, and thought leaders who shape the field of design and the future of society and the planet. To learn more, visit https://www.rit.edu/artdesign/school-design.
THE COLLEGE: RIT's College of Art and Design is the university's creative hub where art, design, science, and technology intersect in our 200,000+ sq. ft. facility. We are a dynamic and professional arts and design community comprised of nearly 2,000 students (UG and Grad), 140 full-time faculty, 60 creative staff, and a number of professional part-time faculty, all of whom contribute to our Colleges ecosystem. The Colleges four schools offer programs in Art, Design, Crafts, Film and Animation, Photography and Photographic Sciences. The range of innovative programs offers students a panoramic perspective from creating fine art using centuries-old methods to pushing the boundaries of digital creativity. The College of Art and Design also takes full advantage of RITs opportunities in technology, STEM, engineering, sustainability, and entrepreneurism programs, as well as our global campuses, https://rit.edu/artdesign.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- MFA/MA in Graphic Design or a graduate degree in a related field of study
- Minimum of two years fulltime professional experience in graphic design and/or a related design field
- Teaching experience at the university level (may include: college level adjunct or teaching assistant experience)
- Demonstrated a fluency in practice areas, such as Typography, Information Design, Experiential Design, Systems Design, Interactive Design, Web Design, Motion Design, Packaging Design, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in graphic design theory and practice
- Demonstrated an expertise in graphic design across traditional and emerging medias
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the colleges continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
Required Minimum Education Level
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, List of References, Portfolio of Students' Work, Portfolio of Work, Sample Syllabus, Statement of Diversity Contribution, Statement of Teaching Philosophy
How To Apply
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty; search openings, then Keyword Search 8418BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- Upload a brief teaching philosophy.
- Provide the names, addresses and phone numbers for three references.
- Upload a Contribution to Diversity Statement
- Upload a minimum of three examples of course syllabi and assignments.
- Provide a PDF or a link to a website presenting fifteen examples of professional work.
- Provide a PDF or a link to a website presenting twenty examples of student work. Student examples should be labeled as to how the work submitted relates to a course assignment.
To receive full consideration, all application materials should be received by January 15, 2024. The position will be open until an acceptable candidate is found.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov.
Hourly/Salary Minimum: 50000
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency