This ad is expired.
Nursing Instructor (Fresno City College)
State Center Community College District
Campus Location: Fresno City College
Start Date: 08/09/2018
Fresno City College is seeking a dynamic, equity-minded individual to serve as a full-time faculty in the Registered Nursing Program. The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. Fresno City College's nursing program enrolls over 200 new students each year and is the largest associate degree nursing program in California. The college enrolls over 24,000 students of which 54% are Latinx, 10% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% are Black/African American, 23% are White, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, and 6% are multiracial. FCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Nursing and will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Nursing on the Fresno City College campus and/or at off-site community campus locations, in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Teaching courses in the registered nursing program as assigned, including instruction of theory classes, skills lab, and hospital clinical laboratory experiences with a focus on pediatric nursing;
- Taking leadership and team member responsibility in designated clinical settings to ensure valuable clinical experiences for all students;
- Developing, implementing, evaluating, and modifying curriculum, and student preparation for the NCLEX-RN Licensure examination within the Department of Nursing to improve student learning;
- Objectively evaluating student performance in theory as well as skills lab and clinical classes;
- Using assessment data to improve teaching and student learning outcomes;
- Participating in program review, college planning, and accreditation processes;
- Holding regularly scheduled office hours and being available to students to promote academic success;
- Communicating effectively with students, patients, families, health care givers and peers;
- Collaborating with community and campus organizations to promote the nursing profession and the college nursing program;
- Serving on and participating in department, division, and college committees; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
Include approval by the Board of Registered Nursing of the following:
- State of California license as a registered nurse and a masters degree in nursing; OR bachelors degree in nursing and masters degree in health education, health science, or health administration from an accredited college or university; AND
- At least one year continuous full-time experience in direct patient care practice as a registered nurse within the past five years; AND
- Completion of at least one years experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practice in teaching registered nursing.
- Experience in general nursing and pediatrics;
- Preparation through education and/or experience in providing quality instruction in theory, skills and clinical settings;
- Experience in providing instruction in pediatric nursing;
- Ability to develop collegial relationships with peers;
- Ability to be an effective liaison and to maintain a harmonious relationship and acceptance into area hospitals;
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral form;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and remediate ones instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Conditions of Employment:
177 duty days per year.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $54,029 $81,342 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement. From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents, a selection committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview. The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the ecommended candidates. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and College President for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval. State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants. For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900. For information on Fresno City College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 2816. Submission of application and related materials is the applicants responsibility and must be submitted through the districts online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
This is a full-time, tenure track position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency