This ad is expired.
- Performing Arts Production Technician
- Go to our website »
Performing Arts Production Technician
Salary: $27.16 - $33.45 Hourly
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 23-069
Closing: 3/10/2023 6:00 PM Pacific
Location: Long Beach, CA
Department: Performing Arts
Performing Arts Production Technician
CURRENT VACANCY: 75%
RANGE 30: $27.16 - $33.45 Hourly
12 MONTH ELIGIBILITY LIST
** Applications will be accepted through Friday, March 10th, 6:00 PM **
The Long Beach City College Performing Arts department is seeking a Performing Arts Production Technician to join our talented and diverse team. The ideal candidate would be a person with both creative and technical skills who is adept at problem solving. The position provides skilled and complex technical support for theater and dance department productions, including set construction, stage lighting setup and sound reinforcement. Highly desirable skills include: strong communication, ability to read blueprints and lighting plots, ability to complete complex technical tasks, ability to operate a variety of tools, ability to train and lead student crews. The current vacancy is for a Limited Term position, candidates may be considered for permanent positions.
If you would like to be part of a diverse and supportive community we actively encourage you to apply for this opportunity to join our team! If you are an individual who enjoys all aspects of the creative process and has strong technical skills then this is the job for you! Go Vikings!
AT-A-GLANCE POSITION INFORMATION
- Type of position: Temporary: 75% - 30 hours per week
- Location: Liberal Art Campus
- Salary: Range 30: $27.16 - $33.45 / Hourly
- Advanced salary placement: Generally, new employees start at the first step on the salary schedule. Advanced salary placement may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Benefits: The District provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. Please refer to the Benefits tab for more details.
- Eligibility list: We reserve the right to use an established eligibility list for vacancies in this classification. The eligibility list be valid for 12 months once approved by the Personnel Commission, and may be used to fill future vacancies.
- COVID-19: All Long Beach Community College employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with District Policy. Please note that if selected for employment, you must provide proof of fully vaccinated status by date of hire. Documented proof of vaccination is required as part of the onboarding process. Individuals requesting accommodation must do so in a timely manner for consideration. For further information on LBCC District COVID-19 policy and guides please view our Return to Campus page.
For further information on the position or application process, please contact (562) 938-5016.
ABOUT LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE:
Here at Long Beach City College (LBCC), we celebrate equity, diversity and are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We strive to ensure a positive and inclusive working environment for all. Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. Please check out the LBCC mission and values and other strategic initiatives below to learn more.
- Mission & Values
- Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (Download PDF reader)
- Strategic Plan (Download PDF reader)
- Office of the Superintendent President
Under general supervision, provides skilled and complex technical support for theater and dance department productions, including set design and construction, lighting and sound; provides support for public and District functions held at District and department facilities; and performs related duties as assigned.
For the full position description, please click here: Performing Arts Production Technician
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent; completion of college-level coursework in theater production; and three years of progressively responsible carpentry, electrical, lighting or sound experience in a technical theater production environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
May require a valid driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the district's vehicle insurance policy.
Meeting the minimum requirements of the position does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Candidate qualifications will be assessed to determine those who meet and exceed requirements, and are deemed most competitive amongst the applicant pool to proceed.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
To be considered a candidate for this position, all materials required should be received by the Long Beach City College Office of Human Resources by the closing date. Incomplete or late applications will be disqualified from further consideration. Qualified candidates will be notified in writing if they are moving forward in the selection process.
The following examination segments may be utilized during the selection process:
- Minimum Qualifications Screening: (Pass/Fail)
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) application review: (Pass/Fail)
- Oral Panel Interview: (100%)
- Final Interview: With Hiring Authority and Committee
*** PLEASE NOTE: The District reserves the right to utilize a flexible pass point (cut-off score) on any test part, and/or modify any test part. Examination procedures are subject to change as deemed necessary by the Executive Director, Classified Human Resources. ***
Individuals who require reasonable accommodations in the Application or Examination Process in accordance with ADA should notify the Human Resources Office at least two days prior to the closing date, by calling (562) 938-4372.
THE LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equity-minded hiring practices. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunities and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, language, accent, citizenship status, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Transfer Requests for current LBCC Employees:
District employees may request to transfer by completing the Transfer Request Form (Download PDF reader)
Ancestral Land Acknowledgement
Long Beach City College acknowledges our presence on the traditional ancestral land of the Gabrielino/Tongva peoples. This land remains unceded territory. We acknowledge the painful history of genocide and forced removal from this territory. Long Beach City College honors and respects the Gabrielino/Tongva ancestors and their connection to this land.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lbcc/jobs/3915047/performing-arts-production-technician
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency