Professor of Art (Illustration & Drawing) (Full-time, Tenure-track)
Mt. San Antonio College
Salary:Initial placement, $67,622 - $100,919 annually
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on March 1, 2019 are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application;
2. A cover letter addressing how duties & responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications are met;
3. A detailed rsum that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position;
4. A minimum of three (3) current letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents);
5. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts;
6. Submit a portfolio file containing 30-45 images composed of 15-20 examples of illustrations produced for commercial clients, 10-15 examples of student generated illustrations (if applicable), 5-10 examples of original personal artworkillustrations, paintings, drawings, etc. Include images which demonstrate a diverse understanding of illustration and fine art knowledge and skill sets. The commercial pieces should include a brief description of the assignment and the applicants involvement. Student work should have a brief description of the assignment. To submit the portfolio: in one of the optional other document sections of the application site either submit a link to an online portfolio meeting the above specifications or upload a PDF portfolio fitting the specifications (file size limited to 9 MB);
7. A Department Questionnaire must be completed online as part of the Supplemental Questions when applying to this posting; AND
8. Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form: All candidates not holding the stated minimum qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, must complete this form to be considered.
Health and Welfare:
The College contributes $12,159 toward annual premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage. Lifetime retirement benefits provided for eligible retirees. The District participates in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and MetLife Social Security Alternative Plan. *Subject to change based on Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach Illustration classes covering contemporary theories, methods, and applications in creativity, design, production, and portfolio development, including Illustration, Dynamic Sketching, Visual Development, Contemporary Illustration and basic drawing classes, including Beginning Drawing and Drawing Fundamentals
2. Teach assigned courses in accordance with assigned course outline of record
3. Participate in curriculum development, program advisory board, program review, learning outcome development and assessments, grants relevant to program, serve on college committees as necessary to maintain and improve the instructional program, and participate in appropriate professional development activities
4. Develop industry partnerships that lead to professional opportunities for students
5. Collaborate effectively with other faculty, staff, and administrators to plan, develop, and execute related programs
6. Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities and college, division, and department policies
7. Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods including strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations, and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions
8. Maintain currency in emerging industry technology and practices
9. Maintain scheduled office and campus hours, and participate in department/division meetings and committees
10. Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contract
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Masters degree in fine arts, art, or art history; OR
2. Bachelors degree in any of the above AND Masters in humanities; OR
3. The equivalent (must attach an Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form), OR
4. California Community College credential, Valid for Life (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed. Code 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.)
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
1. College level teaching experience
2. Professional Illustration experience
3. MFA in Art
4. Experience teaching students from under-represented populations
5. Experience with culturally relevant pedagogy
License(s) and Other Requirements:
The incumbent may periodically be required to get to a variety of locations. If operating a vehicle, employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California drivers license.
All candidates not holding the stated minimum qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, must complete the Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form to be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time, tenure-track, 10-month contract position that begins in the 2019-20 academic year. Placement on the salary schedule is based on formal education, full-time and/or part-time teaching, and related work experience, up to a maximum placement at step 9.
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: https://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/asr_2018.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
TRAVEL POLICY: Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be covered by the College. Expectations will be that the candidate finds the most cost effective travel in regards to air, bus, train, car and hotel. Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate. Travel reimbursement claims must be submitted no later than 30 days following the interview date and it may take up to 30 days for reimbursement
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview. Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, teaching demonstrations, and/or performance test. The committee will recommend finalists to the President/CEO and/or Vice President of Instruction for a second interview. The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, College resources, needs, and Board of Trustees approval. The starting date will be determined following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Special Instructions to Applications
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to complete and submit your application for this position.
Letters of Recommendation
The required letters of recommendation are not required to be confidential but if your reference prefers to send a confidential letter, please follow these instructions and notify your reference directly. To obtain a confidential letter of recommendation, you must enter the references name and email address in the fields provided under the Confidential References section of the application.
NOTICE: In order for your reference to receive an email with a link to attach a confidential reference letter, you must complete your application and reach the status of Under Review by HR. It is recommended that you complete your application and reach this status well in advance of the deadline to provide your reference ample time to attach the letter.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to assure that all required and any optional documents are attached by no later than 11:59 PM PST of the initial screening date shown on the job posting.
It is the policy of Mt. San Antonio College that harassment is prohibited and that all persons shall receive equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, age (over 40), medical condition (cancer), mental disability, physical disability (including HIV & AIDS), marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran Status. This nondiscrimination policy covers Family and Medical Care Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave. Contact the Office of Human Resources if you need any special accommodations to complete the application process at 909.274.4225. Mt. San Antonio College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Conflict of Interest
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
Cancel RTF Policy
To apply, visit: https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency