Adjunct Faculty (Visual Arts/Graphic Design)
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. Massasoit currently offers 41 associate degree programs in arts, sciences, and applied sciences and 24 certificates. The College also offers non-credit workforce development certificates; corporate training courses; adult basic education; personal enrichment classes; and Early College programs for high school students.
Students of color make up roughly half of all students enrolled and more than half of all Massasoit students are first generation to attend college. More than 900 students graduate from Massasoit with an associate degree or certificate each year.
Brockton, Massachusetts, home of Massasoit's largest campus, prides itself on its diversity of cultures and is home to approximately 95,000 residents. In addition, the college has a campus in Canton, a satellite location in Middleborough, and annually serves students from more than 35 cities and towns in Southeastern Massachusetts. Massasoit is one of the largest community colleges in the state.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Adjunct faculty teaching Visual Arts/Graphic Design play a role in instruction, working with full time faculty to teach a wide variety of graphic design courses to include: Computer Aided Graphic Design, Animate, Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Using recommendations from the Dean's office and the Visual Arts department chair, adjunct faculty develop and deliver course content using high quality pedagogical techniques to ensure maximum student success and learning. Adjunct faculty, who choose, may involve themselves in other aspects of campus life such as: coaching and mentoring students, participating on committees, attending department meetings, professional development seminars and college convocations, and working on various projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare course syllabi that meet all contractual requirements.
- Schedule classes to meet for the allotted time on every scheduled meeting day during the semester.
- Employ effective instructional strategies that promote student learning.
- Use appropriate assessment tools to accurately measure student understanding of class subject matter.
- Monitor email communications from students and the college, and respond in a timely manner.
- Provide availability outside of class to meet with and assist students.
- Meet all deadlines for submission of grades, student participation reports, student grievance responses and other administrative documentation.
- Manage a level of flexibility that holds students accountable, and recognize the challenging work/school/life balance lead by many students at Massasoit.
- Work collaboratively with divisional staff.
- Provide feedback on student progress to advisement and counseling.
- Focus on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2023. APPLICANTS WISHING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION THEREAFTER.
Adjunct Faculty are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Positions may consist of day, night, or weekend positions and may be in Brockton, Canton, Middleborough, or any other instructional site.
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the academic department.
- Master's degree or higher in Visual Arts/Graphic Design, or closely aligned field, or a Master's degree with an appropriate level of experience and training.
- Experience with and understanding of the community college environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Capable of maintaining academic standards with empathy and honesty.
- Knowledge of and experience using effective pedagogical strategies.
- Three years of experience teaching in an educational setting.
- Experience with Animate, Illustrator, Adobe and other graphic design software.
Position Status: MCCC/MTA position
Semester: Academic Year, Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
Salary: $1,291 per credit, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites.
Deadline to Apply: Open until Filled
A cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Interim Title IX Coordinator, Ruben Barato, 508-588-9100, x1415, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=148830
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency