Salary: $36,774.00 - $40,545.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time - 12 Months/ 75% FTE
Job Number: FY1819 - 14
Location: Cuesta College - San Luis Obispo Campus, CA
Department: Advancement/ Foundation
Closing: 9/16/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Job Description Summary:
This is a 12 month 75% position.
Under direction of the Executive Director of Foundation/Institutional Advancement plan, conceptualize, organize, and produce professional, creative, and custom graphic design and layout for high profile marketing materials (such as class schedules, catalogs, print advertising and other marketing collateral.) Performs other related duties as required.
The Graphic Designer is distinguished from other positions by the requirement to understand and master technical aspects of computer generated design and production; understand printing techniques and processes; and understand and master technical aspects of web page development and design. This position requires a high level understanding and implementation of the principles of marketing, and supports a broad spectrum of administrative and instructional processes and activities. The incumbent must be detail-oriented, deadline-driven and able to juggle multiple assignments while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and creativity; consequence of error in this position is significant. This position requires interaction with multiple managerial, departmental and staff positions, and requires a combination of interpersonal and professional/technical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Essential Functions & Qualifications:
- Conceptualize, develop and produce professional layouts using a variety of computer software programs;
- Develop bid specifications and oversee all bidding of work to outside contractors and printers;
- Direct and manage the bidding of all design projects for the college that are out-sourced to contractors;
- Coordinate, conceptualize and design print advertising;
- Conceptualize and design modifications to the campus web page to reach a variety of target audiences;
- Conceptualize and design modifications to the web templates for use by other departments;
- Coordinate all pre-production and production of printed materials;
- Conceptualizes and designs materials for posting to the Internet; produces signage and other display materials where necessary;
- Develop bid specifications and oversee the bidding of all printed materials and perform press checks as needed;
- Convert existing text to HTML or PDF files;
- Convert graphics to web formats; up-load files to server; integrate files into website;
- Schedule work to meet deadlines;
- Create signs and display materials for special events; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in graphic design or the creative arts;
- Formal education in computerized design;
- At least four years of experience in graphic design, graphic communications, or graphic production, which includes at least three years in desktop publishing;
- Knowledge of printing techniques; and
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising.
- Macintosh and PC platforms and a variety of current desktop publishing software;
- Use and application of a wide variety of instructional media materials used in the college level learning process;
- Programs associated with photo manipulation, design, pre-production and post-production including file management and archiving;
- Printing processes and techniques, including screen printing, offset printing and digital printing;
- Multimedia software programs;
- Web graphics development, HTML/CSS authoring software and website management software;
- Current technologies, personal computer, and associated office software such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and/or database software;
- Correct usage of English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary; and
- District policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties; and
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and of staff and students with physical and learning disabilities.
- Read and comprehend printed matter and text and data on computer monitors;
- Communicate intelligibly and effectively via speech, telephone, written correspondence, and/or email;
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time;
- Lift and/or carry 40 pounds; and
- Exert manual dexterity sufficient for keyboard and other office equipment operation.
- Valid driver's license and eligible to obtain California driver's license upon hire.
This is a 12 month 75% position.
Required Documents: Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume, reference list, unofficial transcripts, and samples of work when applying for this position. Reference list must include three professional references, their contact information and their relationship to you. As the other document requirement- please upload three professional work samples.
Completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted by the closing date for this position. LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
San Luis Obispo County Community College District ("Cuesta College") is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), age, disability (physical and mental), genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and state law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Cuesta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
In compliance with California law, all prospective staff and students are entitled to read the Annual Security Report, published each October by the Cuesta College Department of Public Safety. This report contains information about our emergency and crime reporting procedures, as well as crime statistics for the past 3 years. You may request a copy of this report at one of our two Public Safety Offices: on SLO campus at Building 6600A or on North County Campus at building N1035, during campus business hours. You may also access the complete text of this report at the following website address:
Interview Process Information:
Selected applicants will be invited to attend an interview and skills test on Monday, October 1, 2018.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cuesta
The San Luis Obispo County Community College District promotes inclusiveness, prohibits discrimination, and encourages all qualified persons to apply. As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Cuesta College actively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds to assist students, staff, and faculty. For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) assistance with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources Office: (805) 546-3129.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency